If you are trying to choose a company to work with on your mortgage, it is helpful to have a list of questions that you can use to assess prospective companies and to understand what you can expect. Here are a few questions that will provide you with useful insights into mortgage companies you are considering working with.
6 Questions to Ask a Mortgage Company in Florida
- Do you work as a mortgage broker or as a mortgage lender? Find out whether the company originates loans as a lender, or is a mortgage broker that connects you with lenders throughout the area. Learn about the benefits of mortgage brokers compared to mortgage lenders.
- How large is your network (for brokers)? Find out how many lenders the mortgage broker works with. How well-established and extensive is their network? Do they have access to special deals not available to the public at large?
- What mortgage products do you offer? Make sure that the mortgage company you are thinking of working with can connect you with the specific type of home loan you are looking for.
- What fees can I expect? Find out if the mortgage company charges fees, and if so, what they will be.
- How does the mortgage process work? Ask the mortgage company to describe the steps in the mortgage process as well as an approximate timeline.
- How will you communicate with me through the process? This is a very important consideration. You will want to work with a company that will communicate with you using a method that you are comfortable with (texts, emails, phone, etc.). It is also essential to make sure that they will update you frequently. That way, the mortgage process stays on track through to the finish line. As you are asking all of these questions, the loan experts you are speaking with should be patient and thorough in their responses. So, just asking these questions helps you evaluate the quality of service.
Buy a Home in Florida
Premier Lending Corp is a mortgage broker with a large network of lenders and loan programs. We would be glad to take as much time as you need to answer all of your questions. If you are ready to proceed afterwards, we will walk you step-by-step through the loan process. To get started, please call us today at 954-840-8811 to schedule your Florida mortgage consultation.